There are healthy eating goals that I need to set.
1. Eat less processed foods.
Eat chips, crackers, and ice cream in moderation.
2. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
Eat more fruits and vegetables during or after a meal.
3. Eat more whole grains.
Eat fewer whole grain bread, bagels, and pasta.
4. Eat more organic foods.
While organic foods are more expensive, they may be better for me.
5. Consume more fish.
Fish are good for the brain and the circulatory system. Fresh fish would include tuna and salmon.
6. Consume eggs, legumes, and meat.
7. Bake, boil, and/or poach foods. They are healthier than fried foods, which contain more fat.
8. Read nutritional information. Apply nutritional information or label nutrition on all that I consume.
9. Consume more nuts and seeds.
10. Remember that I am a diabetic who also has PCOS; diet plays an important role in losing weight and keep the weight off.
11. Journal everything I eat and drink.
12. It also helps to plan meals in advance.
13. It helps to eat frozen foods, including frozen fruits and vegetables, which keep longer than produce and has better nutritional value.
14. Limit fats and sweets, unless the good fats are in fish oil and avocado.
15. Be creative with the foods that I consume.